Both new and existing TSANet members can increase the usage of TSANet by following 3 easy steps.
Define Roles and Responsibilities
Define the following three roles for your organization.
- Manages the business relationship with TSANet – membership renewal
- Maintains the overall TSANet structure – Delegates to Program Managers and Key Users
- Manage adoption of TSANet (usage and features)
- Responsible for TSANet within a product group or partner program
- Manage changes that impact TSANet usage
- Manage the contact document for that area
- Help train callers and answer questions
- Look for ways to better use TSANet (example backlog management)
- Provide feedback to TSANet and Business managers (how to improve)
Set Caller Access Methods
Access to the Member Web can be provided through an individual or group login. Below are some guidelines for each access type.
Callers can use a Group Login:
- Each Key user has a Group login URL as part of their profile (Business and Program Managers ONLY)
- The Key user will share this URL with their team
- The Key user can also run reports to monitor usage
Callers can also Self Register for an individual login at the login page.
Key users, Program and Business Managers must have a admin level account to create users
- Business managers create both Program Managers and Key user account (Type = Program Manager
- Click here to view the How-to-Video on how to add a user
Provide Manager and Caller Training
TSANet provides the following training:
- Manager Training
- Co-Branded Caller Training:
- TSANet can create CO-Branded training for your callers. This is available to all Members and the resulting slides and Webinar recording can be used for ongoing training of new staff. Contact TSANet to learn more.