The 11th version of TSANet Connect is now live! This release provides improvements to many areas of the system.
Features and Improvements
Improvements to this release include:
- Created a new email template to be used for system that are not able to process “Respond to” button
- Fixed an issue where the logo on the page did not return the user to home
- Fixed an issue where a deleted internal note remained as an empty note
- Added Hot Standby site in Germany to be used as failover for disaster recovery process
- Verified and connected to first Member with Single Sign-on through Microsoft Active directory
- Added encryption to all backup and recovery processes
- Setup DKIM in Microsoft 365 to improve email deliverability
- Completed quarterly system penetration testing and software patching
- Fixed some errors in the Partner sign up process emails
- Fixed an issue where the user could get an “internal server error” message when creating a new account through the email authentication method
- Improvements to the TSANet admin interface for managing users
- Improvements to security of the site through enabling MFA, login error handling and log file analysis
Note: TSANet continues to work to get ISO 27001 certification for TSANet and the TSANet Connect system. Changes made to this release will allow TSANet to obtain that certification by the end of August.
Improving Member Adoption
Now that all Members are migrated to TSANet Connect we are starting to work with Members to better understand usage and how to improve. TSANet has started a series of regional training sessions for your engineers to get trained on TSANet Connect.
See Member Resources for further information on TSANet Connect
A series of Blogs are available that provide further information about TSANet Connect